Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Monday 29 June 2015

Term 2 Inquiry Summary

As part of our ongoing Professional Development at Pt England, this afternoon we present our inquiry progress to other staff at the school.

To me, this term was more about input than output - we received professional development around reading pedagogy and I combined this with ongoing research for my dissertation.  I've consolidated many of the things I introduced to my class in Term 1 and look forward to being more innovative in Term 3, drawing on the PD from this term.





2 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed your presentation this afternoon Karen and being exposed to your innovative thinking. I also enjoyed recognizing elements of your work in the presentations of other teachers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! This is such an AMAZING journey and I love getting ideas from others at Pt England - just wish I could have seen all the presentations today :) Definitely enjoying checking out other blogs tonight to see what I missed! #loveinnovation

      Delete