Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Thursday 26 May 2016

Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir continues

This morning I uploaded another lesson for Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir, this time focused on writing.  Feedback the Class OnAir team has received asked for different curriculum areas so it is my intention to record lessons in the three main curriculum areas over the coming weeks.



Lesson Six compliments my inquiry into Writing and my learners really impressed me with their enthusiasm ideas during our brainstorm.   Often my learners struggle to come up with ideas due to their limited experiences which they can draw from.   This particular writing lesson was inspired by a Team wide art adventure where learners experienced three different activities over ninety minutes, each designed to be fun and inspiring.  One of the activities that formed part of the adventure is showcased on my class blog.


No comments :

Post a Comment