Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Sunday 25 June 2017

Exciting changes in Explain Everything 4

I've been a huge fan of using Explain Everything since I started teaching and have definitely enjoyed the new features after installing the update late last week!  If, like me, you love using Explain Everything but are used to the old version, these great videos are worth three minutes of your time as they are a great overview of the new features.




 Having only created a few projects this weekend already here are some of my favourite new additions:
  • The draw/fill option
  • Adding a sound bite from within Explain Everything
  • The ruler feature - my lines have always been just that little bit crooked ;)
  • The eraser - so many times my learners have wanted to remove a part of the drawing they had added earlier and haven't been able to - until now! 
I'm really looking forward to using the new version over the coming weeks!

3 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for this update Karen. We always appreciate your insights and leadership in this area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! I love the new changes (some of them are definite time savers for me) but it does look a little different! Hopefully teachers can have a bit of a play first and then introduce it to their learners. Many children seem to latch on to changes quicker than us ;)

      Delete