Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Counting in Tens with Explain Everything

We've been learning to count in tens in class, and will often do it as a whole class warm up.  I've been concerned that some learners are possibly saying "teen" instead of "ty" when skip counting.

Today I asked learners that were not working with me to take a photo of our 100s board in Explain Everything and skip count in tens.  We uploaded their work to their Google Drive and tonight I was able to watch all the movies quickly from my laptop and hear immediately which learners needed assistance.





Once again I love the power of the voice, and hearing what the learners are doing.  I plan to use this activity again tomorrow and have learners count to 20, again recording their voice.  This will enable me to determine if there are any learners that are mixing the "teen" and "ty" as they count through their teen numbers.


No comments :

Post a Comment