Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Monday 24 February 2014

A New App ... Explain Everything!


Today we used the Explain Everything (EE) app for the first time - and did some learning along the way!  We had the initial instructions completed to get into the App and create a new document, but didn’t have these printed so we used my computer to show these to the students (and refine the instructions as we went).  This really reinforced the need to keep these steps ‘simple’ with a picture for each step.  

All students managed to access the app and create a file, taking a photo and adding either pen or voice - the instructions worked really well!  To us, this reinforced the importance of having them, and also in introducing only one app at a time - we may have tried to “rush ahead” with apps if the iPads had been ready and available on the first day, so this delay has actually been a benefit in reinforcing the need to slowly introduce new things.

No comments :

Post a Comment