Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Introducing the Stylus ...

We feel it is important for students to get used to using the stylus quickly before they get too used to using their fingers.  The stylus will assist in their pen grip and we think it is important to improve their fine motor skills.  Today we introduced the care of the stylus and how to use them properly and then students tried this out individually which gave us the opportunity to correct them quickly if they were using the wrong grip or the wrong end of the stylus.  We were able to explain carefully to the students the need to look after them and return their to their proper home in the classroom.



No comments :

Post a Comment